GSD8 Single-Jet 15mm or 1/2" Cold Water Meter
The range of Single-Jet water meters is manufactured in Italy and has an impressive degree of accuracy with an error of less than 0.75% in the normal operating range. Each meter is individually checked and the flow is tested to ensure that every meter complies with ISO 4064 and many other strict European Standards.
- All brass body,
- The dial can rotate 360 degrees for easy reading,
- Pressure rated to 16 Bar (160m, 228 psi),
- Cold water to 30 Degrees C,
- 5 reading rolls show cubic meters (1,000L) and,
- The last three red numbers show litres,
- The single red hand on the lower dial rotates once per litre,
- Central star revolves with the smallest leak in the system,
- Brass male BSP unions supplied to each end for easy installation,
- Minimum flow is 50 L/Hour,
- Nominal flow is 2,500 L/Hour,
- Maximum flow is 5,000 L/Hour.
- The meter may be used with a reed switch pulse output,
- One pulse is generated for each litre of flow through the meter,
- The pulse output can provide a visual display on a PLC or on our H7 Digital Display unit,
- Cable connection to the H7 Digital Display unit is available to 50m.
- Install your Single-Jet "BMeter" in the horizontal plane with 10 x the diameter of straight pipe before the meter and 5 x the diameter of straight pipe after the meter.
- Water must be clean and free of particles above 500 microns (0.5mm),
- A filter with a 500-micron stainless steel screen is recommended for all installations and should be installed at any location prior to the straight length of pipe entering the meter.
- Metering the flow in domestic appliances,
- Metering the flow in commercial applications such as air conditioning,
- Metering the flow in industrial applications,
- Metering the flow from pumps,
- Rural applications such as horse stables, chicken farms, piggeries etc,
- Technical projects where an accurate flow is required.
To download the specifications sheet in pdf format - click here
The perfect granny flat water meter.
Whats the Pulse Output for?
If you wish to digitally or remotely monitor and record your usage you will require a meter with a pulse output. These can be directly connected to a digital display or you can connect to data acquisition equipment.
What size do I require?
Australian domestic pipes are either 1/2" or 3/4" - Please ask your plumber.
Do the meters come with both brass unions?
Yes! All our meters come with suitable 1/2" or 3/4" brass unions (male).
Do I need to install the filter?
We recommend you install a filter to protect the meter from debris. The filters we sell are easily cleaned by unscrewing the nut as shown below and then removing the cylindrical mesh filter and washing with clean water to remove debris...
Usage scenarios for our water meters
- Granny Flats - Measuring Hot and or Coldwater usage in Granny Flats.
- Strata Units - Measuring usage of each unit for bill splitting.
- Water Tank - Measuring consumption.
- Boats - Measuring consumption.
- Stock - Measuring livestock water consumption